Koreatown Youth & Community Center
3727 W. 6th Street Suite 410 (new location)
Los Angeles, CA 90020
(Street parking only)
You may be declined services if your return is out of scope or you do not bring all the documents.
• Required: All taxpayers must be present with photo identification
• Required: Original Social Security Cards or ITINs for tax filers and dependents
• W-2 from your job/employer
• Total Cash income (VITA: expenses are limited to $10,000)
• 1099 Misc from a Job or Contract Work (VITA: expenses are limited to $10,000)
• 1099K for Uber, Lyft, GrubHub, etc.
• 1099 R from Retirement Income
• 1099 SSA from Social Security Administration
• 1099 INT for Interest income (savings or bank account)
• 1099 DIV from Dividends
• 1099 G from Unemployment
• W-2 G from Gambling
• Form 1095A for health insurance purchased through Covered CA
• Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) issued by the IRS.
• ITIN Renewals require valid photo identification and birth certificate OR a valid passport
• Last year’s tax return (tax year 2017)
• Bank account number for fast and secure direct deposit of your refund.
Returns that are considered Out-of-Scope:
- Incomes more than $55,000
- Self-employed or cash income with business related expenses over $10,000, have a loss, taking expenses with no proof (receipts, documented mileage, etc. are required), employees, inventory, or business property.
- Returns for businesses.
- Cancelled debt income (Forms 1099C and 1099A) for foreclosures or short sales.
- Handwritten tax documents (W-2, 1099, 1098, etc.)
- Returns for visitors, such as “F,” “J,” “M,” or “Q” visas, that require a 1040NR tax return.
- Rental Income, Foreign Income, Royalty Income, or income from a partnership/corporation (K-1 form)
- Married Filing Separately returns (If you are legally married & file alone - you may be a Married Filing Separate taxpayer - this is out of scope and we will not be able to assist you).
Select the date and time of your appointment: